Appliance Repair Services
Home AC Repair F A Q
When should I get my central heating unit or heat pump inspected?
Heating systems consisting of either, gas packs, heat pump or electric furnaces should be inspected at least once a year.
How long will my central heating system or heat pump last under normal conditions?
The longevity of your furnace is 8.5 to 17 years (even though the chamber may have a longer warranty), there are several other major components that will conk out before the chamber does. Start considering replacement (even due to efficiency) during the 8 to 12 years.
How often should I change my filter in my heat pump or furnace?
Gas packs - 8 to 12 years - the average warranty of the heating chamber is 10 years and there is a reason for this - that is how long the company feels it will safely last! So count on replacement during this period. As in the case of the furnace, there are several other major components that will bite the dust around the same time.
How often should I have my gas furnace or electric heat pump serviced?
The new style of refrigerant R410-a or (Puron) is changing along with higher efficiencies of your gas pack, heat pump or piggy back heat pump (dual fuel heat pump). The reliability of some of the parts(compressor) is expected to last longer , but much depends on the quality of the installation - namely the installer. The other parts are basically expected to last 7 to 10 years before major problems.
Home AC Repair Self Check
- Has the breaker tripped? You may just need to flip it back on.
- Is the filter extremely dirty? A hot house is sometimes the result of a clogged filter which prevents airflow.
- Is your thermostat set properly? Does it need new batteries?
Home AC Replace or Upgrade
Is it time to replace or upgrade your equipment? Why wait until your system is on its last breath? Upgrading your heating and cooling system not only raises the value of your home, it can save you money and make your home generally more comfortable. Here are the reasons to upgrade...
- Lower Energy Bills. Recent increases in government efficiency requirements mean that new systems will help you save money on your energy bills than your current system. Upgrading selected components will create a matched system, where every component is designed to work together for the greatest possible comfort and efficiency.
- Savings on Repairs.Just Like a new car, it's a fact, newer systems and components are less likely to break down than old ones.And if anything does happen, you'll have a warranty to fall back on.
- New Innovations in Comfort.Everyone sells high efficiency equipment these days. Comfort is more than just about efficiency.